Briefly,

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 5, 2007

    Scratch that, all on the floor

    Loyal readers,
    --
    It is with great sadness that I report that I am 86ing my reverse sleep idea (i.e., making the working hours the last hours of my day), as apparently following anything but the suffocatingly rigid awake-in-the-morning-sleep-at-night routine is a carcinogen. Ever the health nut and hypochondriac, I'm extrapolating from the recent alarmist CNN article, "Overnight shift to be classified as 'probable' cancer cause." Notably, it states:
    --
    "[S]cientists suspect that overnight work is dangerous because it disrupts the circadian rhythm, the body's biological clock. The hormone melatonin, which can suppress tumor development, is normally produced at night."
    --
    Oy vey! Another hair-brained scheme bites the dust.
    --
    Yours,
    Me

    No comments: