Briefly,

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, January 31, 2010

    New Leaf #1: Cooking



    It's nice to get back into the swing of things in the kitchen. It's even nicer to get back to trying to make healthier, more delicious versions of old restaurant staples. Behold, Palak Tofu.

    Palak and saag paneer are my Indian comfort foods, yet even when I had the time, I put off making it because I'd heard rumors that a food processor was involved. The horror! Cooking for me is an organic, funky, sensory affair rather than a high-speed, motorized clean-hand endeavor that gets the job done with the touch of a button.

    I've been experimenting with protein shakes daily as of late, which has put me in frequent contact with my mini food processor. Since it was already out, I decided I might as well throw some spinach into it and make my favorite dish once and for all. Once I got into the thick of things, though, I realized processing was unnecessary for my purposes--I always prefer the chunkier versions. The result: a solid B+! Needed more garlic.

    No comments: