Briefly,

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, February 14, 2010

    Happy Valentine's Day - I Love Me



    It's amazing how therapeutic buying yourself a present can be. People often talk about buying themselves a present, but I wonder how many of those presents are actually presented in a meaningful way to the receiver, e.g., gift-wrapped with a sentimental card attached, when the receiver is yourself.

    When I engage in the act of getting/making a gift for someone special, my mind is forced into a place of tenderness for the gift recipient. I try to think of gifts that will make the person feel utterly spoiled. N.B. "spoiled" does not have to equal expensive to me--I think that a gift that satisfies any overlooked desire or avoided indulgence can fit the bill (my gift recipients may beg to differ here :) ).

    This Valentine's Day, I'm celebrating the genesis of love: myself.

    [You know what they say--you can't love another until you love yourself. When you strengthen your own love, you strengthen your romantic love, which many of us unconsciously aim for due to the strong human pair-bonding instinct.]

    1 comment:

    Animo Forest said...

    Thank me! The treats I've tried so far have been luscious--can't wait to try all of the potluck dishes!!! Way to go! xoxo.