Briefly,

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 12, 2010

    Mercury Retrograde, How Nice to Make Your Acquaintance!

    Though I believe in a lot of astrology, I only have knowledge about the sun signs and a little about our moon signs.

    Today, however, I learned about Mercury Retrograde and that as of today, we are
    officially out of this particular episode, which means decision-making and
    life choices should come much more easily now!

    Wowzers. I mean, really. With as much stock as I put into sun signs (hello, my precious Libras and my compatriot Leos), I would have expected me to have at least some basic familiarity with this concept. It wasn't until listening to a metaphysical radio station today, though, that my eyes were opened and my world was blown. In fact, prior to today, I kind of thought the phrase referred to an idea that when the weather cools down from a big heat wave, people become more level-headed. In such case, the "mercury" refers to that element found in thermometers. I blame a terrible student play I watched in college for this misunderstanding and delight that at my age, I am still carrying with me utterly incorrect comprehensions about commonplace phrases and facts.

    The past few weeks have been one of great confusion, chaos, upheaval, and tumult for me, so it is most fascinating for me to discover that my life chaos coincided with the retrograde.

    Below is an excerpt from a long discussion of what happens when Mercury retrogrades:

    --

    Because Mercury itself rules how we think, we will be adjusting everything related to thoughts, concepts, ideas, and communication, especially how technology and material elements play a part in the physical manifestation of ideas. When Mercury retrogrades, we find that many parts of our life are being revised. Often these revisions can be a surprise or throw us back a step. However, these revisions which occur during a Mercury retrograde, are a "course correction" and provide a stop gap measure until we can review situations. During this time of revision, change is compounded and confusion is created by our reactions to the ever-changing situations. Thus anything started during this time will ultimately be taken back or even revised
    further, making for a high-frustration time. This will be especially true with changing our minds, reviewing new ideas and our communication being improved and honed so not to be mis-understood.

    The best mode to be in during a Mercury retrograde is one of "non-reaction", and with earth signs being impacted, physical environment will be changing continually during a Mercury retrograde. Treat the time period as a time of gathering information, yet because the information will be in constant change it would be like trying to comb your hair in a wind storm. Best to wait until the changes stop before attempting to make things orderly. Therefore, just let the winds of situations blow around you without reacting. Once Mercury turns direct, take a look at the information that is still around at that time and go about putting everything in order, while maintaining
    the fine art of flexibility.

    --

    So cool.

    No comments: